Both miter saws and table saws perform essential tasks for home improvement and in shops. Cuts made by these machines are always common. However, miter saws are great for cutting baseboards and frames. On the other hand, table saws are great for cutting large pieces of wood, which are not delicate. For this reason, the price of a miter saw is much higher than that of a table saw.
The best Miter Saws and Table Saws to Buy
There are a few things to put into consideration before looking for miter saws and table saws. For instance, the needs of a large workshop differ from personal needs. For this reason, you should therefore consider some aspects before shopping for one.
Aspects to Consider:
1. The size of the project – You should consider whether you want to work with large or small projects.
2. Working space available – Evaluate the amount of space available for you to work with.
3. Power required – Consider whether you require specialized tools or not.
4. Adaptability – Are your miter saws and table capable of performing advanced cuts?
Types of Miter Saws and Table Saws
These tools are usually used while placed on the workbench. This is due their luck of stand. However, some come with extension arms for their added hold up.
Miters saws are mainly classified into two types.
1. Basic Miter Saws- It is clear that every miter saw can allow you to complete two methods of cuts. The basic miter saws are capable of creating straight cuts. The cuts wedges through the width of a flat timber at an angle of 90- degrees. They also allow you to complete angled cuts.
2. Compound miter Saws- These tools work the same way as basic miter saws. However, they come with one added significant difference compared to the basic ones. Compound miter saws can cut with a bevel in addition to angled cut. You can also get a quick review of miter saws on Best Miter Saw Reviews – Top 6 Saws on the Market .
Unlike miter saws, table saws stands on their own. Most often, they have wheels for mobility around the working area.
They have two categories; Portable and stationary table saws.
Portable Table Saws
This category is further subdivided into three: bench tops, compact, and contractor table saws.
1. Bench-top table saws -These are cost effective table saws, which are mainly designed for light duties. They have smaller tables with limited split capacity. They however lack transportation stands.
2. Compact table saws-Unlike benchtop table saws, compact table saws have addition features such as stand and more rip power.
3. Contractor table saws-When it comes to portable table saws, contractors tables saws are the best of all. For this reason, they are perfect for off – site jobs.
Stationary Table Saws
This category consists of three types, which include contractor, hybrid and cabinet tables. Stationary table saws are much heavier and powerful as compared to portable ones. All though the three types of stationary table saws share similar design, each type has its own unique features. These features are categorically explained on BEST TABLE SAW REVIEWS – TOP 5 ON THE MARKET
Choosing the Kind of Saw to Buy
The choice of table saws and miter saws depends on what you want to accomplish. Narrow down your option based on the situation of your work. For instance, if your work is mobile, consider a machine that have wheel support or table top option. However if you are working at the same station consider including additional features. If you‘re still unsure on what to get, please read the other reviews online like the Best Table Saw Reviews – Top 5 on the Market.
In conclusion, both miter and table saws are necessary equipment for your home improvement. You should however consider some important factors such as cost, space and size of the machine before buying one. This will enable you make informed decisions on the right equipment to purchase.