Saving electricity is the need of hour as there is growing demand of energy in the country
1. Switch off lights and electrical appliances when not in use.
2. Use sunlight as much as possible. Avoid use of electricity in day time.
3. Paint walls and ceilings in light colors.
4. Provide proper ventilation to enhance natural light and air.
5. Keep lamps and fixtures clean to provide more light.
6. Avoid the use of decorative and concealed lighting.
7. Use wiring of proper size to reduce energy loss and fire hazards.
8. Use florescent tube lights or CFL because they consume less electricity giving more light and have long life.
9. Decrease partition height wherever possible to provide light in both parts from one point.
10. Avoid the use of artificial light during day.
11. Use coolers and air conditioners carefully
12. Fit external lights with a motion sensor.
Credits: Arthur Fetcher