Are you looking for, ways to spruce up your garage? It’s easy to find ideas on how to change the design inside your home, but because garages are smaller, and usually used for cars and storage, it’s harder to find some ideas.
But if you want to make your garage as attractive as the rest of your house, check out the tips below on how to redesign your garage space.
1. Install a new door – everyone knows that the façade of a house can already give an impression of what the house would be like inside. Although it’s true that no one should judge a book by its cover, it does not hurt to make a good first impression on any guest who would come to your home. This is especially true if you are thinking of selling the house sometime in the future. When you want to make a good impression, don’t forget your garage. Install a new door that will look classy and pleasant to anyone who passes by your house.
2. Install a new flooring – when you’re done fixing and beautifying the façade of your garage, it’s time to fix what’s inside. The flooring is one that you can change. One thing you should consider when choosing the flooring is that it should be slip-resistant. Do your research as there are several choices you can make for the flooring of your garage. You can choose different designs to make it more attractive instead of the usual drab gray concrete floor seen in most garages.
3. Ensure that the garage will have ample lighting – when thinking of what a garage looks like, most people visualize in their heads a place that is dreary and dark. Garages don’t have to be dark. When you redo your garage, make sure to have enough lighting so that space will not feel gloomy. If you want to use your garage as a craft or hobby space, don’t just choose soft lighting but also fluorescent lights so that space will be well-lit.
4. Don’t be afraid to let your personality show in your design – have some fun when designing your garage! In fact, this is the space where you have a lot of freedom because people think of it as a separate space from the house, hence you do not necessarily need to follow any color scheme or theme. You don’t need to limit creativity here. You can choose funky colors for the wall paint, or if the space is big enough, you can even turn it into a game room.
5. Free up the clutter by installing proper storage – aside from parking space, garages mostly get the extra things that have not yet been thrown by the house owners. So that space will not feel cluttered, add more storage to your garage in the form of boxes, peg boards or cabinets. Here are some cabinets ideal to revamp your garage. There are so many designs to choose from and you will surely find the one perfect for your space.