When it comes to redeveloping houses or even looking for a new house, one of the key items that get overlooked the most is the window. Sure, people look outside the window and judge whether the view is good or bad, yet they don’t really focus on the position of the window and how to get the most out of it.
It is essential to design the windows in such a way that they look good both inside and outside the house. Other than providing the room with a view, the window helps give the room its own essence and compliments the other subtle features of the room resulting in a personalized look.
Here are a few window designing ideas which can enhance your interiors:
1. Frame that window: One of the ways you can get the most out of your window is by providing it with a well-designed frame. This can easily be done by first looking at the view and imagining it as a sort of hypothetical painting which is in motion. Like the ones in Harry Potter.
Next, imagine what kind of frame would suit it. The double glazing Birmingham does a very good job in providing the window with a vintage look, which is quite rare nowadays. Furthermore, it looks even better if most of the furniture in the room is wooden. Make sure that frame suits the window at different times of the day.
2. Natural Light: The name says it all. Letting the room bask in some glorious natural light does not only make the room glow up but also has a certain warmth and positivity linked with it. As an extension, letting the room bathed in natural light also helps save electricity. There are also available solar glazing windows if you have a little extra to spend. These solar glazing windows trap the UV rays of the sun, helping your furniture stay fresh for longer.
3. Privacy: If a certain spot in the house is meant for complete privacy, it does not mean that windows must be eliminated from there. In fact, well designed opaque windows guarantee complete privacy, while at the same time retain their job of making the room look beautiful and lit up.
4. Clerestory Windows: If it so happens that you require the walls for a specific purpose like say, for hanging a board to teach a class, or displaying art, Clerestory windows are a great option to go for. These windows are located high on the walls almost touching the ceiling. These windows help the room get rid of its stuffiness and allow light to pass, doing exactly what it’s supposed to.
5. Skylight Roofing: Although this idea is not available for everyone, Skylight roofing is another great way for the natural light to enter the house. These windows also make the room appear bigger in size as the light is being scattered in all directions from the top. Additionally, these windows are wonderful to look at in the night time, especially if you live in the suburbs or away from the city where there is complete darkness
6. Curtains: Choosing the right curtains further help enhance the window which compliments the room even more. The trick here is to choose curtains which match the furniture of the room while keeping in mind the color of the walls. Some modern curtains can really do wonders for the window.
Windows are a great element in any house and must not be overlooked. The better the window is, the better you will enjoy the view.