Vastu shastra is the science of architecture and construction which is mostly found in Indian subcontinent, these survive as manuals on design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement, spatial geometry and other aspects of architecture.Vastu sastras incorporate traditional Hindu and in some cases Buddhist beliefs.The designs are based on integrating architecture with nature and ancient Indian beliefs utilizing perfect geometric patterns, symmetry and directional alignments.
Ancient Vastu Sastras discuss design of Mandir (temples),and include chapters on the principles, design and layout of houses, towns, cities, gardens, roads, water works, shops and other public necessities.While most Vastu shastras describe rules of construction and architecture, a few include chapters on astrology and rituals recommended for buildings
Directions and its importance in Vastu
Directions play an important role in Vastu. Right knowledge of direction is very important to make a building structure according to vaastu. In the olden days people who needed to check the directions very minutely, used to see the shadow of sun.
Right knowledge of direction is very important to make a building structure according to vaastu. In the olden days people who needed to check the directions very minutely, used to see the shadow of sun. In the modern technical world the instrument called magnetic compass is used to check the directions. In the total there are 10 directions but to check with compass only 8 directions are available. Compass has 360 degrees in total with its radius. Every direction is allotted 45 degrees. For every direction, checking the level of degree is very important.
Need for Vastu Shastra
Over the years, people have really grown to use Vastu Shastra for better life. They have started to appreciate the concept a lot. What is the reason behind people using and appreciating Vastu Shastra so much? What makes this tradition so intriguing or so successful? Well, a lot of things. Vastu Shastra can really help to make a person’s life better. It is aimed towards drawing and concentrating positive cosmic energy in people’s lives so that they actually manage to succeed in whatever they chose to do.
It is obvious that people who are actually living or working in a surrounding that have been constructed in compliance to the rules of Vastu Shastra certainly lead a better and a happier life. They have lesser reasons to leave that house or the find another office for themselves either. With the help of Vastu Shastra, they can harness the benefits of the cosmic forces, the solar energy, lunar energy, etc to their advantage.
While it is not possible to implement all the rules of Vastu Shastra while constructing a building, it is beneficial to maintain as much as possible. One should certainly realize that you can use Vastu Shastra to become successful at any point of life. However, this success is not just always material or physical. Most of the time, the benefits are entirely emotional or spiritual. At the end of the day, this is something that can make people feel better.
Benefits of Vastu Shastra
One often thinks about how Vastu Shastra works and not enough about how they can benefit from the same. Here are some of the biggest benefits derived from Vastu Shastra to become successful.
- Comfort: One can take advantage of Vastu to make themselves feel better. Pain and loss are inevitable, but one can always learn how to take them in the right way and be comforted as well. Vastu can certainly provide people with the mental support and the comfort they need when they are trying to get over some traumatic or troublesome time.
- Inner realization: Vastu is an art form that influences things that are built. It can be used to influence structures that are sturdy and long-lasting. It is a spiritual lesson that can teach people a lot about strength and how to enhance the same. In order to learn more about the inner space and the inner utopia, one needs to create an outer space that is good enough.
- Strength: One of the biggest benefits of Vastu is that it talks about structures and how to make sure that they provide us with exactly what we need to leave a happy and successful life. In case something fails, it also comforts us. Vastu is certainly all about the strength- of the physical and the mental world as well. One can certainly learn a lot about it with the help of Vastu Shastra.
- Easy to use: The structures that are designed according to Vastu Shastra are almost perfect in their structure for they allow for maximum flow of positive spirits within the structure. This is one of the primary uses of Vastu Shastra for a better life. This has been designed to make sure that the person dwelling in it does not have any tough time.
- Best use of space: Since the Vastu Shastra is a concept of architecture; it can really help people make best use of space. The positions of the rooms are going to be in the right place and it is going to allow you to have the most out of the nature and the elements as well.
- Good structuring: A good house is one that is constructed according to the needs of the person who is going to live there. It is also a house that has good ventilation; provides for a lot of air, natural light, etc. as well.
- Can enhance one’s personality: Good Vastu Shastra can really help a person take advantage of their inner self and enhance their personality. It can help people build their personality. In fact, Vastu can really enhance a person’s relationship with themselves and their inner self.
- Enhance relationship with other people: You can use Vastu for better life with the people around you as well. Vastu promotes internal peace and calm and it can also promote cooperative relationship among the dwellers that live inside the structure.
- Use this for spiritual knowledge: Vastu Shastra can really enhance people’s knowledge and interest for spirituality as well. It can help people realize the quest for something deeper within them, life, death, etc. These are the three pillars that one has to rely on while trying to find out what their inner self should be.
- Greater mental peace and skill: Vastu, by evoking the five elements and providing a living space that is clean and clutter free, can also enhance your mental skills to a large extent. A house that is clutter free and bright is a sign of an enlightened mind. It can promote happiness and healthiness of the mind. It can also increase awareness of the mind and make sure that people feel alert throughout the day. Proper implementation of Vastu in the building keeps it the dwellers energetic the whole day long.