There is an enormous range of appliances on the market, different brands, features and different price ranges, machines you can talk to and machines that talk back!
Here are some tips to help you find the right product at the right price.
1. The absolutely first thing you have to do, BEFORE anything else, is to calculate your budget and stick to it!.
2. Research prices, brands and the different features, so that you can calculate the average price and what features are available on each appliance.
3. Think about the features you need, any extra functions you’d like and at what price you want to pay. It may be worth spending a little more for extra features on one appliance and less on the other. If you want a cheap fridge and a cheap washing machine, do you really need the washing machine to sing when your clothes are clean, or would you prefer an ice-making function on your fridge?
4. Look at the reputation of different brands and read customer reviews. The brand you would use for a cheap ac is probably not the same brand you’d use for a cheap microwave.
5. Wait for holiday sales or Black Friday, when products are significantly marked down, you’ll be guaranteed a big saving.
6. Appliance shops sometimes have significantly marked down products because of minor cosmetic damage, they function perfectly well but may have a scratch or small dent.
7. When you’ve found an appliance you are interested in, check its energy efficiency rating. Low energy-efficient appliances will mean an increase in your energy bills, this especially applies to cheap washer and dryer sets and cheap air conditioners.
8. Before you sign any agreements, check if there is an extra charge for delivery, installation and removal of your old machine