You know how crucial it is to identify parts with a part number, model number, barcode, or even a logo if you produce things or components. This makes it easier for you and your consumers to identify parts in the future for replacement or repair.
There are several options for marking a particular place, with printing and labels being common ones in the past. However, laser engraving may provide you with greater durability and cost savings. Before selecting a part marking technology, you should understand what laser engraving is and how it differs from traditional printing.
WHAT EXACTLY IS LASER ENGRAVING?
Characters, part numbers, logos, graphics, and barcodes may all be created with a laser engraver or laser marking. Laser engraving does not utilize a physical tool to etch the surface nor transfer ink or any other substance onto it; instead, the laser light is concentrated on a substance that yields a contrasting mark or deep mark as a result of the settings utilized.
There are a number of different laser marking machines on the market that can do this work. Laser marking systems can outperform a printer with more attractive markings and more permanent outcomes, ranging from low-powered desktop devices for small batches to completely integrated systems within a production line.
ADVANTAGES OF LASER ENGRAVING
Choosing laser marking for your engraving requirements may offer you a number of advantages, as shown below:
- No consumables equals no purchases, which equals lower costs.: Laser marking can significantly cut manufacturing expenses for high-volume producers, who may save hundreds of dollars per mark when compared to ink or labels. In comparison to ink or labels, laser marking costs just $0.02 per mark and is much less expensive. Ink or labels will have a higher consumable cost than the initial price of a laser.)
- Permanence: Stickers peel off, but laser etching leaves a permanent mark that will endure. That means your client will be able to read that part number or scan its barcode even if you’re marking a component that won’t have to be replaced for five, ten, or twenty years.
- Visibility: It is simple to read and bright, making it far better than a printed mark.
- Speed: Laser engraving is a quick and easy technique to enhance your goods. Our equipment will assist you in marking your items faster and with less time spent on the task.
- Flexibility: Lasering is a great method to add information, names, or logos to anything from metals to natural materials. Whether you’re dealing with metals, polymers, or natural products, there’s a laser marking solution that will work for you.
- Minimal maintenance: When you utilize laser marking systems that don’t use a messy consumable, you won’t have to worry about downtime due to cleaning or unclogging a printer.
You can see that laser marking is typically superior to printing. If you need to mark a variety of materials, consider laser engraving rather than the alternatives.
Call or contact The Engraving People if you’re thinking about purchasing a laser engraving machine or simply want to talk to an expert about the alternatives available to you! We offer advice from people who are familiar with the industry, as well as support for every step of your purchase. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. Customer service and client happiness are our primary objectives. Whatever your laser marking demands, we want to assist you in experiencing “The Engraving People” of Innovative Relationships and Innovative Solutions.