Some people really love reading and would collect different kinds of books to expand their collection. It certainly feels great to be surrounded by your favorite books for the real book lovers. But due to cramped spaces, less floor area of the house it is difficult to accommodate all your favorite books at home. It is so frustrating and heart breaking isn’t it? But how about creating a small home library to give shelter to your books and your reading hobby? I know it is quite interesting and fills you up with lots of excitement and joy. But before taking step towards small home library we need to understand few technical and designing concepts to get a well-placed, attractive and amazing inspiration home library.
Small home library designs arelike modern interior designing ideas that provide pleasant and nice look to your spaces and gives a special touch to your small rooms and nooks. Home library design offers well organized and attractive book storage solutions and functional interior designing for the spaces you are living in. But to achieve this you need to understand your home layout, library needs, number of books to be accommodated etc.
- Choose the area to be used to make home library: The first and foremost step is to allocate an area which will be perfectly suitable for your small home library. Depending on your home layout, floor space, choose an area that isn’t loud and heavily trafficked. A room is ideal that has doors. Or you may plan it out at silent corners and nooks as well..! You may even share some of your home office or bedroom space for your home library.
- Determine and segregate your book collection: More the number of books, more of innovative and creative design you need to accommodate them. The library should be able to hold all the books they own, to ensure safe, secured and peaceful reading. Assess your storage needs and decide if bookshelves from floor to ceiling are necessary or not, variety of racks, shelves are important or not. Compartments with versatile storage capacity can be helpful with the collection of different sizes of books.But in case, if you have smaller collection, consider using open shelving for a modern designing touch.
- Choose your library color: For the most peaceful, enjoyable and sweet library design appropriate implementation of color is really important. You may opt to have a light and sober home library with light colors or for a change you may take the roads of bright and heavy colors for that different and unique look. Choose colors that represent you and help you and your family to fetch some relaxing moments in the world of books.
- Furniture placement and plans: A library without great and comfortable seating arrangement is so incomplete and so unpleasant to be in. Small sofa, may be a couch or a comfortable chair, writing desk and ladder for book shelves that is extended to the ceiling, makes it feel so complete and so pure.
- Illumination needs: Proper efficient and effective lighting is crucial in a library. During day time, day light may play a sufficient role to cover your reading needs but you need to install good lighting at ceiling, keep table lamps, focus lights, etc. to get pleasure-full and dull-free reading during evening and night hours.
- Floor treatment: Enhance the beauty of a nook or a small home library with a small and adjustable rug or a carpet. Floor coverings gift a sense of resilient flooring which is good for library area.
Your small but sweet home library can easily take shape of a corner, may get located as wall mounted shelves, nooks, nooks under the staircase, home office or even connected to your bedroom. Books are like real friends we just need to take care of these real friends with some actual and strong efforts to keep them close to us. Small home libraries are inspirational, creative, peaceful as well as a design statement to your home decors.