We figured before we spent a ton of money we would check out some of the more affordable options first and we were able to find this stool.
We have a pretty comprehensive list of options for stools we figured and give this one a shot first because it was so affordable and it has pretty much all the basic features that we are looking for adjustable arms obviously adjustable height swivel lock in terms of a recline lock and a nice mesh based breathable fabric. So it’s not too hot and a soft cushy cushion there to sit on for long periods of time we were able to test this out in the store and it worked pretty well.
Why Ergostool is better than normal stools?
Autonomous Office Chair Stool is the new arrival of Autonomous and it looks pretty standard. it’s just all black with a nice mesh back. A lot of the popular stools these days mesh so let’s get it unboxed set up and see how it works so here is the final assembled stool all nice and done. It was fairly easy to assemble we would say that this has some of the best instructions ever seen of any kind of quick assembly thing.
So it’s a really nice stool we think comfortable over the long haul we’ve been sitting in it for long periods of time nearly five-plus hours a day. It’s held and a pretty much entirely plastic outside of the metal under-frame. We don’t know how long it’s going to last. It’s a pretty rock-solid stool so to wrap things up this is a comfortable fairly flexible stool. The only thing that’s missing is adjustable seating, so you can’t slide it forward or back that may be a deal-breaker for some but we think tall people and short people find this pretty comfortable this has got to be one of the best bargains. Autonomous products keep on making this kind of products time to time.
There is another good competitor that we see a lot of people reviewing well would be the Ergo stool but it doesn’t have this headrest here so that’s actually a much-needed feature for you like to sit back especially if you are watching YouTube videos or movies or something on the monitor and really just kind of relax.
So we are not having a headrest would be almost a deal-breaker at this point now we can’t speak to longevity at this point. We hope it lasts a long time but if we get a year or two out of it that’ll be fine.
For us, the material seemed sturdy and comfortable so we don’t anticipate any long-term problems we don’t really beat my stools up that bad as you can see your old stools for over a period of five years. But we’ll see when you do start to show somewhere or start anything we will update you guys and let you know so if you’re looking for a comfortable good stool that’s also good-looking and affordable this is a good option the Ergostool.
Features of Autonomous Ergostool
So let’s go over some of the features
1 ) We will start at the top first up you have this nice adjustable headset it goes up and down and tilts forward and back.
2 ) It’s very nice it’s comfortable the mesh is very comfortable and it sits right into the nape of your neck nicely.
3 ) We were really a fan of this and were looking for a stool that had some support for our head.
4 ) We didn’t want to just have just the back support so sliding over to the actual arms each arm is adjustable it can go up and down about 6 inches this is really nice especially for you can sit stand desk.
5 ) Sliding it under the desk raising it up the height is probably a little too high so if you have short arms that are going to be fine for you the lowest point for super long arms we think this is a pretty good range.
6) It worked really well, we usually kept it right in the middle there for the back support lumbar support you have this adjustable little piece here its plastic, so we don’t know how long how it’ll how it’ll hold up over time.
7) It does do a good job of supporting your back that you necessarily even need it the stool is pretty sturdy as is but a nice little add-on that can adjust to wherever you want it on your back on the right side.
8) There you’ll also see you have your stool support there so you can raise or lower the stool and that also sets up the lock for the backrest so you can recline it or have it locked with that little button there or sliding rod there as well slides around really smoothly.
9) The legs are smooth pretty standard they’re not rubberized all plastic feet but that’s what’s to be expected at this price point sitting.
10) The stool cushion is comfortable it’s almost it feels almost like a memory foam or something it’s soft to the touch but it does really kind of form to your body which is nice we think over the long period.
It’s going to be a pretty sturdy it’s firm but comfortable we wouldn’t say it’s the softest stool it’s definitely not as hard as some of the like gaming stools it’s more supple than that but not overly plush to the point that it would be uncomfortable.
Ergostool from Autonomous costs almost 89 $ and after shipping it will cost nearly 100 $ and you can enjoy a lot working on that flexible stool for a long time without any back pain.