You certainly must have heard that famous phrase that the secret is not to run after the butterflies but to take care of your garden so that they come to you.
If you have a green space in your home and want butterflies, birds, and ladybugs to show up there, you need to invest in garden maintenance techniques.
Routinely ensuring the cleanliness and preservation of this space is important to ensure that the entire landscape design done for the site does not fall apart and that initial “charm” is not lost over time, taking away all the financial investment made by the client.
Want to know how to keep your garden or your Japanese garden always beautiful and majestic? So, read on and check out our super tips!
How to maintain the garden
Perform systematic watering
Receiving guidance from a specialized professional is essential for you to know exactly the form, frequency, and volume of irrigation for each species of plant. However, some general tips will suit any occasion. Check it out below:
- to avoid thermal shocks, the plants should always be watered with water at room temperature;
- only the base of the plant should be wet and not its leaves, as moisture can cause disease;
- in general, plants that are directly exposed to the sun should be watered between once and twice a week, but it is necessary to observe the reaction of each plant;
- plants that are in places with a high incidence of winds tend to get drier and, therefore, need more constant watering;
- the first hours of the morning and the last hours of the afternoon (after 3 pm) are the best periods to water the plants.
Seek professional guidance
As mentioned, each species of plant in your garden requires different care. Therefore, a landscaper or other professional in the field must guide the maintenance. It is he who will know, for example, when and how to remove the weeds and whether it is better to do it manually or with the use of a hoe. He will also know how many times a year the land must be fertilized, as this will depend on the type of plant.
In addition, at least once a month, you will need a professional who applies certain products in the garden to combat fungi and pests and still perform the maintenance pruning of the plants. Laypeople cannot do these tasks because if done in the wrong way, they can cause the death of the plant and put the residents’ health at risk.
A decision that is usually effective is to hire a good landscaping company, capable of proposing customized solutions for each type of garden, taking into account the local climate, the architectural style of the property, the depth of the soil, the interference of natural resources ( wind, rain, light, etc.) and the personality of the owners.
For the project to be a success, the company needs to respect the customer’s wishes and needs and use gardening and landscaping techniques that respect the laws of nature.