Be it to make the perfect box or the smooth gliding doors, one thing that the security fastener experts look for is the supreme quality of nuts, bolts, anchors and other accessories. People tend to overlook this aspect when getting hardware work done. They will talk about the quality of wood for the door but not the anchors that will hold it in place.
But the security fastener experts know that what component needs the most attention. Anchors and fasteners hold the pieces together. And when they are of supreme quality, they offer a myriad of different options like tamper-proof, theft-proof, etc. Investing in them offers you a long time in the peace of mind.
What Issues Do The Experts Face In Low-Grade Anchors And Fasteners?
You will find the experts always complaining about the issues faced in local made low-quality goods. What are the exact issues that they face? They are:
1. The hardware erodes fast. As a result, the structure weakens.
2. Such low-grade hardware is easy to break by the thieves and burglars. One cannot guarantee safety.
3.The manufacturing firms do not offer any after-sales service. So if you have a misfit component or need some help in installation, you are all by yourself.
4.The hardware is not manufactured to be an important aspect of the security of the property. They are made just for the sake of being joining elements.
Why High-Level Anchors And Fasteners Should Be Used?
When you make your house or get it repaired or any hardware that needs nuts and anchors, you need to keep the following things in mind:
1. It should last long. You should not need frequent replacement.
2. It should be cost-effective. You should not be spending a fortune on getting it installed.
3. It should be tamper-proof. When your main gate or the almirahs have anchors or nuts, they should be designed in such a way that thieves or burglars find it impossible to breakthrough. This will ensure the safety of your house.
4. It should be of a perfect fit. The nuts, bolts, screws, etc.available in the market come in a universal size. But it is not practical that they will fit in all kinds of materials. However, custom made one will hold the parts perfectly in place without the need for additional arrangements.
5. It should be easily available. You should not need to travel miles to get a box of screws. Easily availability comes with easy assistance. You can get the fastener expert for that product easily at your place.
6. It should come with assistance from the manufacturing company. That way, you will be able to manage it in a better way. You will know exactly how to take care of it for longevity.
How Does Tamper-Proof Anchor And Bolt Work?
What makes screws so prone to vandalism? Have you ever wondered?
It is the easy way in which it can be unscrewed. You can open a standard screw using even a spoon. So the places which use standard screws can be easily vandalized. The doors loose hinges and bathroom fittings are taken off by the vandals. Maintenance of public property using standard screws and anchors is nearly impossible.
Security screws and fasteners come to the rescue here. Unlike the traditional bolts and anchors, these are tamper-proof. They come with a customized drive. Once fixed, it cannot be opened using a standard tool. When a non-designated opening tool is used, it snaps. This makes it near impossible to open such screws. That’s why it is used in high-security establishments like prisons, banks and aerospace establishments. Also, the places that are easily accessible to vandals, these bolts secure the place. In short, all the public places that need security, such drives are religiously used.
Security fastener experts always choose such highly tamper-proof drives to ensure a high level of security. Also, these are sturdy and last almost life-long. There is no need for regular maintenance.
Types of Drives
When the security fastener experts are asked to secure an area, they first gauge the magnitude of vandalism it is expected to face. For example, public toilets are most prone to unruly elements. The blowers and the electric equipment need to be securely fixed to their place. The vandals will be among the common people.
On the other hand, the bolts in a prison need to be highly specific. It will be prone to criminals who know how to cut open all kinds of locks. Installing a tamper-proof and strong fastener will ensure the safety of such areas.
Based upon the type of driver, screws are of following types:
1.One-way screw: One-way screw gets its name from its unidirectional drive that instantly slips if moved in the wrong direction. It requires a dedicated opening device to remove. It is commonly used for lifelong fixtures in places like vehicle number plates and public toilets.
2. Torx security screw: It comes with a central pin surrounded by a hexagonal drive. The unconventional design prevents tampering from using standard tools.
3. Spanner security screw: It is also known as a snake eye security screw. It comes with 2 spanner bits at the center of the screw. Once installed, it needs a customized opener to remove. This highly specific opener makes the screw completely tamper-proof.
Anchors and fasteners are the backbones of all those components that need to be fixed together. You can expect a sturdy yet flexible finished product only if the anchors function smoothly and are light-weight. In the new age, you also need to pay attention to it being anti-theft and tamper-proof.
You cannot expect the ATM machines to stand strong if it is fixed using the regular bolts. Anyone with the easily available opening screwdriver can vandalize the machine. To ensure the highest level of security, you need to use customized drives. This will ensure the longevity of your finished product. And will not allow the vandals to tamper the product.