Calibration services refer to the process under which machines are checked in order to ensure that the values used for measuring are at their standard points. The way machines are set will determine the performance of them hence in order to ensure accuracy calibration services are used. It helps minimize the workload as the work can be done in a fast manner without any chances of errors or mistakes.
Today, one needs to make use of such services, as accuracy is the key to ensure that right decisions are being made and essential tasks are being performed on time. Every field of work needs to use calibration servicesin order to make sure that whatever information they are deriving out of a system is accurate and can be used for further research etc.
Calibration Services Certificate and Its Features
In order to provide calibrated services, one needs to get a calibration certificate. A calibrated certificate is a document that highlights all the important and relevant information regarding the condition of the instrument that is being used. It also provides the clients with information regarding the measurement conditions that are being followed within the premises of that laboratory. The people can crosscheck whether every aspect is being followed or not. Apart from this, every instrument that is being used has a serial number that is linked to just one calibration instrument. Moreover, the calibration service certificates that are issued for different instruments vary from country to country and it can also vary depending on the local government regulations. The aspects that the certificate is likely to cover includes the following:
1. Date and the Environmental conditions at the time the calibration was done.
2. What was the received condition of the instrument that was given the certificate of calibration?
3. What was the returned condition of the instrument that was given the certificate of calibration?
4. What is the traceability statement of the calibrated service or certificate that is being used in a laboratory?
5. What types of standards were used during the calibration process?
6. What type of calibration procedure was used?
7. What was the source of recommendation for the calibration service or certificate?
8. What are the basis of your calibration procedure and whether the procedure is recommended by the manufacturer or not?
9. Lastly, the contact information for people who wish to inquire further about the calibration certificate that was given.
Why is Calibration Services Important?
There are a lot of reasons that make calibration services highly important. However, some of the most important reasons are the ones that are mentioned below:
1. Calibration services ensure that the processes are kept safe. In order to measure any type of parameter like electric current etc., one needs to make sure that the quantities that they are measuring is accurate and ensures the safety of the product that is being used. If the product safety is not ensured then this can create problems in terms of security. If the measurement of any parameter is not determined using a calibrated device then the accuracy can be compromised hence this means that whatever observations are derived out of the measurements is inaccurate. It is important to measure the temperature of both cooked and stored food and if the device is not calibrated then it can give inaccurate results, which means that there are chances of people eating stale food.
2. Calibration services are also important because they can help reduce the costs of manufacturing errors. Defects in the manufacturing process can cost people billions of dollars and in order to avoid such losses one needs to use calibration services. As if the machine is not calibrated then this means the entire process will start all over again and it will not only cost the owners more money but it will also take a lot of time. Hence every manufacturing company needs to ensure that the sensors that are monitoring their products are accurate and calibrated or else they will send up delivering defective pieces and parts to their clients.
3. Calibration services are also important because of certification. Every calibrated service provider needs to have a certification that their machines are accurate and that the safety of the client would not be compromised at any cost. Every client needs to know that they can trust and use the calibration services because they are highly reliable. Hence every laboratory that is a part of carrying out various lab tests needs to make sure that they have a certificate, which mentions that it is calibrated and therefore whatever tests they perform, they will be highly accurate. In order for any laboratory to get calibrated certification A2LA i.e. American Association would conduct a thorough test and inspection for Laboratory Accreditation.