Modern interior design ideas attractively bring tiles into home decorating, blending the functionality and gorgeous designs for a fabulous looking home. Tiles in today’s time are not only a requiring element of areas like washrooms and floors but have gone beyond their expected creative horizons, capturing other home spaces as well. Let’s get introduced to 5 ways of using tiles in home décor-apart from flooring and washrooms.
1. Start with your kitchen. Fill up the empty vertical running patch between your counter and cupboards with tiles. Pale fruit colors are excellent for cheering, welcoming and comfortable kitchen design. Tuscan kitchen decor lean more toward rich yellow and orange colors. Contemporary kitchen call for very dark and very light tiles and striking patterns. These days use of Spanish block highlighters with base colored tiles are in trend.
2. Do up your cabinets: In case you are troubled with polish and maintenance issue for wooden cabinets or wish to outdo your creative sense of experimenting with them, then stick to tiles. Ensure you use lightweight tiles and a heavy ply board for steadiness and give yourself a new change and break the monotony of having handles by experimenting with closet opening and closing techniques.
3. Dump wallpapers for tiles: Break the expected mind to bring in the unexpected. Use tiles in your bed-back wall instead of wallpapers for your bedroom.
4. Use tiles as highlighters: Instead of pondering over to make a choice for a right wallpaper or paint and texture type to highlight certain areas of your home like a walk-in space or living room etc. you can use tiles instead. With the kind and types of variety available, you wont fall short of options for a good result.
5. Use tiles for furniture: The decision of an item’s utility depends on its user! Following this thought, you can use tiles for furniture in various ways. Use tiles for a coffee table top, bedside tabletop, and bed-back in a sectional manner etc.
Ceramic tiles made from clay are eco friendly products and very decorative materials, perfect for creating healthy, functional, comfortable and stylish. Modern ceramic tile designs come in different sizes and styles, may include a glaze and are available in any color, which makes them ideal for matching existing decor. Ceramic tiles are great for kitchen and bathroom decorating, dining room, living room, hallway or entryway design.
If you choose to create a unique ceramic tile design, you have a choice between wonderful different color shades, sizes and styles. Interior design colors should always follow style.Mosaic tiles and murals created with modern ceramic tiles are gorgeous interior design ideas and popular home decorating trends. A mural is painted on a set of tiles, while mosaic tiles are made of many small tiles placed together for creating interesting images. Mosaic tiles and wall tile murals look great in areas where there are no other exciting patterns or impressive pictures to distract from the tile work.Ceramic tiles installed in concrete or wood planks are more expensive option, but can create a striking look, enhancing modern interior design.
About the Author:
Sagar Datta heads and operates an interior design consultancy firm, Casa interio.